Internship Opening With Climate School Admissions
Columbia Climate School Academic Affairs is seeking an intern to support admissions and marketing efforts for the MA in Climate and Society program.
Academic Affairs oversees graduate recruitment and enrollment for the M.A. in Climate and Society and collaborates in recruitments efforts for a variety of graduate affiliate programs across Columbia University.
The recruitment and marketing intern will support the Columbia Climate School’s admissions and operations efforts for the MA in Climate and Society program. Primary projects will include answering prospective applicant inquiries via email and telephone, identifying marketing opportunities and researching best practices that inform future recruitment strategies. The position will also play a role in organizing recruitment events and spring yield events both virtual and on-campus. Additional projects will include researching and assessing the current higher education climate program landscape to document peer programs’ communication efforts and admissions standards. The research will also inform possible development of new degree programs.
- 8-10 hour time commitment per week.
- Develop drip email campaign communication for prospective student populations to be built within Slate.
- Conduct telephone outreach for recent inquiries and applicants to answer questions and provide guidance regarding the program and application process.
- Document communication outreach and recruitment programming from peer programs.
- Analyzing event conversion data to determine which even attendees turned into applicants, admits and accepts.
- Research and perform outreach to NGOs and undergraduate university departments that align with climate programs for future targeted recruitment efforts.
- Assistance with planning and support of key on-campus events, including attending on-campus recruitment events in the fall and yield events in the spring.
Learning Outcomes, Training, and Mentorship: The role will expose the intern to a full cycle within an admissions office from recruitment to yield of an incoming class. Interns will gain better understanding of the enrollment funnel and gain insight into a popular customer relationship management system within the industry (Slate). Interns will also be included in recruitment and marketing meetings and present their findings regarding competitor data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service philosophy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and initiatives
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Discretion in handling applicant communication and application materials.
Type of Student Desired: Graduate
Compensation: $21.50/hour, 8-10 hours/week. Position to start in mid-November and continue through April 2023
To Apply: Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter stating their interest and qualifications to Alfred Ayoub (email@example.com). Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until the end of November. Please put “Climate School Recruitment Internship” in the subject line of the email. Only current students of Columbia University are eligible to apply.